Toccata is an easy-to-use music player for Gnome with a search-like interface for choosing music. Currently in development...
Latest version: 0.01. Go to the project page to download.
(Both existing and intended!)
- Pop-out music library with search interface and tree-view of albums/tracks.
- Add music by album, or by individual tracks.
- Library can be sorted in various orderings.
- Library search displays both matching albums and matching tracks.
- Can queue (1) selected music, (2) all visible (search-matched) music in library, or (3) a random selection of visible (search-matched) music.
- Drag and drop.
- Cover images.
- Use GConf format string to customize text shown in library view.
- Display saved playlists in library.
- Albums are listed with album title and cover image, then tracks. This saves space.
- Can delete entire album from playlist, or individual tracks.
- Drag and drop
- GConf format string for customization.
- Option to consume playlist as songs are played.
- Compact mode.
- GConf format string for current-song-info customization.
- Tray icon.